3/4/07

Kitchen Progress

Carl, the contractor, returned this weekend. He and his team finished relaminating the walls of the kitchen, it's amazing how flat walls (vs. stucco and old tiles) can brighten and clean up a space. I'll be posting an update of photos later this week.

I chose the AKURUM ADEL Medium Brown cabinetry from IKEA. The kitchen cabinets are still in boxes strewn throughout the apartment but at least we're closer to a build date. Carl & I rehashed the design layout of the kitchen and realized I may need another base cabinet in addition to a dishwasher, ventilator hood and smaller wall cabinet. Another trip to IKEA, this time I think I'll load the stuff in my car, delivery charges are HEFTY.

Task List for the Kitchen:
- Shop around for apartment sized dishwasher
- Terracotta tiles for the floor
- Choosing a paint color
- Locating 54" wide bamboo shades for the window
- Moroccan chandelier for the dining area (will pick this up in Providence later this month)

No comments: