6/24/07

Ramblings

the most perfect beach day awaits me, and I have less than 3 hours to enjoy it. The painter starts at 2.30pm. On a Sunday! But what could I say, what can I do? I've been pining for the apartment to be finished and a sacrifice here or there is what one does.

I'm becoming more and more frustrated with the granite/marble mystery man; after several calls and messages with nary a response I contacted JR and voiced my annoyance. I know he's doing me a favor, I get that. But if it's not going to come through he needs to come clean. A dead end is a dead end. This one is on life support. Much to my own fault of course, I thought it was a solid source so I didn't even make an attempt to research other suppliers. The soiree is in less thatn 3 weeks and it doesn't look like I will have a 2nd working kitchen. Damn!

A few weeks ago I bought the Pure Digital Point & Shoot videocamera, it takes up to 30 min worth of footage that you can easily download onto your computer (automatic with the attached USB port) and share away. I'm trying to do that now. I noticed Blogger has a new feature that includes video upload, maybe I can figure out how to add the couch clip.

Since starting my new job I feel like I'm noticing more of the world around me; the details of the city. Some of those are:
*A man wearing sunglasses, listening to his iPod and talking on his cell skateboards on the street against traffic.
*Strolling down Fifth Avenue at 6pm passing the diamond district the street is flooded with Orthodox and Hasidics waiting for the shuttle back to Williamsburg and Borough Park.
*A protest of the war in front the New York Public Library: Women in Black Against War (find out more here: http://www.womeninblack.org/)
*Hundreds of runners geared for the Corporate Challenge heading to Central Park

No comments: