5/12/07

Progress Takes Time

The apartment renovation is moving along. Sparked by the apartment Therapy Cure but lasting far longer than the 8-week cure.

The most up to date photos can be found http://homepage.mac.com/agp13/PhotoAlbum31.html.

I think prior photos included the laminated walls and new layout. Since then Carl my contractor has built and installed the cabinets, painted the walls (Benjamin Moore Semolina), tiled the floor (great 13x13 riverbed-ish tiles from Weissman's Discount Center) and grouted the tiles. Today he is installing the backsplash. I decided in addition to the marble subway tiles Liz so generously donated to the kitchen cause I would include 4x4 tumbled Venetian stone in a sandy beige. Still looking for a countertop solution. I may have a lead thanks to Kristin for a remnant granite distributor. I had hoped to keep the cost for this major renovation under $10K but it looks like it will cost roughly $15K. upon completion I will post total itemized cost as a reference.

Great Resource for matching paint colors: www.colorcharts.org

1 comment:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Sounds like you are getting tons done. I bet the finished product will look great!