7/3/07

The Last Friday in June

It had to be the most productive day yet. I sorted through all the furniture-like objects in the apartment and stored them in the garage in preparation for Steve and Junior to sand and finish the floors. That took nearly 2 hours, and I should have been smart enough to eat beforehand, I had the beginnings of a migraine shortly thereafter. Yuck.

The Jetta and I made our rounds returning tiles to Lowe's and Weissman's (great discount store for tiles and accessories). I bought a brushed nickel finish single handle faucet and spray (by Kohler) at Lowe's (see below).




Met up with Jason Ng with KFKitchen Cabinets in the South Slope/Sunset Park area to pick out the granite. He was super helpful and easy to work with, we scheduled a time on Saturday for him to come and measure the space for the granite block. The color we decided on is Golden Sand.



I had planned to purchase the sink from Jason but found a moderately priced D-shaped sink at www.homesurplus.com on New Utrecht Avenue ($129). I had to swing by Atlas paint (actually had a conversation with blue eyes this time around) for more paint...that was a nice distraction for a crazy day.

Once this is all finished I'll have to itemize everything just to see how much the renovation cost.

No comments: