9/7/07

bayhead delights - 8/26/07

The drive out to Bayhead was painless and we had a lovely day at my brother's summer house. The house was beautiful with enough room for 20+ people and their children. Even as we played tag throughout the house (yes I was the 'bad' aunt) the (9) kids--Matt, Jamie, Christopher, Alexandra, Victoria, Charlotte, Gracie, Paul & James--had plenty of places to hide (even for this big kid who ran for cover at the start of the pillow fight). I think the highlights of the house included the wraparound porch, awesome porch swing, and outdoor showers.

I had gone for a swim mid-afternoon before dinner (a surf and turf spread of clams on the halfshell and hangar steak) and the private beach (you had to use a badge just to get access to the staircase) was gorgeous. The gravelly sand under my feet instantly transported me back to the summers spent in Barnegat Bay when I was a kid. The waves were rough from the neighboring storms but the water was refreshing and light.

No comments: