2/10/08

saturdays

Tonight Angela and I attended a UBS sponsored evening at MOMA, part of their Saturday Nights program. The theme (supposedly an homage) was "Sex and the City trendy"...I fretted a bit over that but I should have realized in NY that means black (dressed up or basic).

It was a lovely evening, serendipitously Angela ran into her friend Sabina and the three of us chatted over wine and beer before strolling through the five main floors of the exhibit (modern paintings, sculpture and furniture--including the Barcelona Chair that has been around since the mid 1920s).

My favorite of all oddly enough was a massive wall-sized black and white painting, chalkboard-like with scribbling, it reminded me of Q's black and white painting that hangs on my living room wall.

Afterwards we had a bite to eat at Thai Basil, where I realized that although I've increased my travel destinations as of late, there are so many places left to go. Between Sabina's stories about South America and Angela's adventures in Africa my country-hopping through Western Europe seems like an RV trip to Disney World.

I made it back to my car with barely 10 minutes left before the parking garage closed (thank goodness it was a mere $19, compared to $51 at the garage on the same block as the museum); and pulled into the driveway just at midnight.

Simple and easy Saturday night...I could get used to these.

No comments: